Goodlord Referencing vets thousands of our agency clients’ prospective tenants and guarantors each week. Our dual mission is to ensure agencies and landlords are protected from taking bets on risky tenants, whilst providing agencies and their customers with a best-in-class customer experience.
The work this team does has a very tangible, real-world impact: moving house is a major life event and we have direct influence over an applicant’s ability to move into their chosen property. With this great power comes great responsibility; we operate in a highly performance-driven environment and obsess over process, quality and efficiency.
We’re looking for proactive, process-oriented people person to head up our Referencing department. As our Referencing Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing this business unit and will oversee the development of our passionate and committed Referencing team. The role is a fantastic, challenging opportunity for an operations professional who wants to take their career to the next level by working in a high-volume, operationally complex and fast-paced environment.
In a nutshell, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing day-to-day referencing operations, including line management responsibility for 2-3 team leads
- Continuously working on improving and automating existing systems and processes, with the aim of attaining industry-leading operational efficiency and optimising costs
- Working hand-in-hand with our Product team to develop our referencing products to better meet clients’ current and future expectations
- Managing external partners to maximise cost-effectiveness and utility of their services
To succeed, you’ll need:
- Demonstrable experience in creating, developing and improving existing processes
- Experience of automating processes to maximise efficiency, using continuous improvement principles
- Project management is a strong suit - you might live by Lean Six Sigma or adore Agile working
- Proven experience working collaboratively with product teams to produce amazing results
- People management experience - you’ve led teams before and like to see individuals thrive
- You’re comfortable crunching heavy amounts of data, and using SQL/Python to produce tangible insight to guide business decisions
- Knowledge of legislative and competitive landscape around referencing is essential
Bringing our whole selves to work is really important to us here at Goodlord - if there's anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application or email [email protected]