We’re looking for a Sales Director to play a pivotal role in growing our revenue and leading our Growth team to success. As a senior member of the Goodlord team, you’ll need bags of vision and leadership ability to achieve your personal mission in this role: enabling extraordinary growth.
To succeed, you’ll need to be driven, commercially astute and charismatic. You’ll lead a team of ambitious Customer Acquisition Execs (CA’s) and Business Development Representatives (BDR’s) to ensure that targets are routinely exceeded.
You’ll be joining Goodlord at a pivotal time for the business and helping to create a world where renting is simple and transparent for everyone.
As a VC-backed company we are big believers in equity ownership, and our compensation package will make our Sales Director a meaningful owner of the business.
In a nutshell, you’ll be responsible for...
- Leadership - you will hire, coach and nurture an elite team of consultative sales professionals. Your approach will enable the team to exceed new business revenue targets
- Expanding our pipeline and exceeding revenue targets - you’ll deliver on opportunity generation goals by working closely with our Marketing team and driving performance from our BDRs. You’ll also focus on revenue targets while maintaining and improving other important metrics: average revenue per account, customer acquisition cost, average sales cycle, and customer NPS
- Organising and optimising processes - you will continuously improve our sales processes to empower the team to confidently build relationships, identify opportunities, and sell Goodlord effectively to the market
- Reporting and Forecasting - you’ll make sure the team religiously keeps our CRM (Salesforce) up to date and be on top of our progress against targets. You’ll provide clear forecasting and reporting of performance to Goodlord’s Senior Management Team and the Board
- Product and marketplace expertise - you’ll quickly become an expert in the Goodlord platform and know how to articulate its value and position in the market
- Relationship building - you’ll be truly awesome at fostering and building relationships with senior stakeholders within our prospective customer base. You will have an excellent existing network or be able to demonstrate that you know how to build one
- Thought Leadership - Goodlord is setting the pace for the industry, so you’ll be called upon speak at conferences and events, quickly developing a reputation as not only someone who knows the industry as it is today - but where it’s going
- Proposals & presentations - you’ll be on hand to support your team in putting together proposals and be directly involved in delivering presentations and pitches to potential customers at the highest level. You’ll also support your team to close big deals, assisting with contract negotiations on complex deals.
To succeed, you’ll need:
- Deep experience in a similar position with a consistent record of managing highly successful sales teams
- To be highly motivated and determined
- The ability to be a trusted commercial advisor to leadership teams - you have demonstrated thought leadership that gains the respect of senior executives as well as your team
- Excellent communication skills; you have the ability to lead & facilitate change. You give the teams you lead context for their work and align them behind the company’s objectives
- To be in the detail - you know your team’s pipeline inside out, so no stone goes unturned
- Curiosity - you’re excited about technology and the value Goodlord offers agents. You are constantly educating yourself on what’s happening in the industry, and how you can perform better in your role
- A clear methodology for sales coaching that you’ve developed through coaching team members
- An analytical mindset with a clear talent for identifying, scrutinising, improving, and streamlining complex work processes
- Fantastic organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure - you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and can methodically juggle multiple tasks at the same time, preparing for and delivering each one to an excellent level
- A focus on continuous improvement. One of our core values is that we listen, learn and improve. Whether feedback is coming from your team or prospects, you are passionate about making things work better, and proactively take steps to implement initiatives that will enable the team to be happier and more productive.
People we like:
- Boundless positive energy and motivation, and the desire to work hard and do what it takes to win
- Leadership skills & the ability to inspire change & momentum
- Ability to learn fast, and quickly become an exceptional lettings industry practitioner
- Desire and ability to quickly build a network within the retail and e-commerce industry
- Exceptional writing, speaking and listening skills
- A goal-driven approach to life
- Excited to work for a fast-growth British technology company
- Passion for sales, data, analytics, numbers and measurement
- People who unequivocally want to build a career in SaaS
- A track record of exceeding targets
Bringing our whole selves to work is really important to us here at Goodlord - if there's anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application or email [email protected]