Sales Consultant (Insurance)
We’re looking for an energetic and tenacious Telephone Insurance Sales Consultant interested in a high-impact role at a successful prop-tech startup.
Goodlord is a market leading software platform which streamlines the property lettings process for agents, landlords and tenants. The business’s new Tenant Insurance division is becoming to be a key driver of revenue growth, and we’re looking for the founding members of its sales team.
This key role will support the Commercial and Product teams in ensuring that our insurance offerings are promoted to tenants over the phone. You will front a brand new product offering and will therefore be given the opportunity to build an exciting new revenue stream for the business. This is a fast-paced role with huge potential for personal growth and development.
What you'll be doing:
- Selling Goodlord tenants insurance products to new movers over the phone
- Following an FCA-compliant sales process to quote and provide accurate product information, allowing the tenant to make an informed purchase
- Spearheading the provision of tenant-facing insurance products, while continuously developing processes to ensure you are as efficient as possible
- Tracking and reporting on daily progress to Head of Department
- Assisting in the recruiting and training of new Sales Representatives as the team expands
What you can expect from us:
- An excellent starting basic salary and a generous commission structure
- Though you’ll be making outbound calls and selling on the phone, this won’t be cold calling: the tenants you’ll be reaching out to already have a relationship with Goodlord!
- A highly performance and process-driven environment. Your success will be measured against your sales performance, your customers’ satisfaction ratings and your ability to adhere to a rigorously-regulated process
- A true tech startup environment whenever you're in the office: no dress code, free snacks and drinks, team socials… not to mention plenty of on-site events and happy hours!
This role is for you if...
- You would like the ability to work remotely, and the flexibility to set your own hours
- You have proven success in telephone sales (ideally B2C) and can establish rapport and trust with people quickly and effectively, without being face-to-face
- You have experience in the insurance industry
- You have excellent spoken and written English, with outstanding communication skills
- You're target-driven and unashamedly motivated by dollar dollar bills
- You have a positive and resilient attitude, and can maintain it even when you're on the phone all day
- You have an ability to work autonomously and you're comfortable working in a fast pasted environment
- You have strong IT literacy: you will be expected to switch between various systems and tools with speed and accuracy
- You possess great organisation skills and time management to get the most out of each day
Competitive base salary
OTE - £48k - Uncapped
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be…
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- £1000 to learn: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord, but it there’s something specific, you’ll have £1000 a year to spend on what’s important to you.
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off. We encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Quarterly team socials; a fun activity that everyone can take part in (if they want to!)
- Prosecco on tap: what better way to relax and get to know the team than over a few drinks? The lovely team at WeWork provide drinks daily from 5pm. See you there!
- Four legged Goodlordians: we have a few resident pooches at Goodlord HQ who are always up for a walk / play if you need a break from your day