Front-End Engineer (React) - Mid-level
Goodlord exists to make renting simple and transparent for everyone. Our small, self-organising squads build the platforms and tools to help us achieve this mission. We're disrupting an industry, so there's plenty of thorny, real-world problems to solve on behalf of the agents, landlords and tenants that use our system.
If you want to develop new skills, there'll be plenty of opportunities: many of our current team joined as back-end or front-end developers, and are now working across the full stack. We are keen advocates of agile delivery; we work closely with our stakeholders and use Kanban to iterate quickly on customer feedback.
Goodlord is for you if:
- You want to work in an environment where your input is valued and you can make a real impact
- You’re a pragmatic craftsman who strives to find the right balance between quality and delivery
- You have a passion for solving end user problems, big or small
- You understand the challenges and rewards that come with working in a startup environment and look forward to taking them on
What you'll be up to:
- Work with Product Managers, Designers, business stakeholders and other Engineers to understand end user problems and implement appropriate solutions
- Address issues with the application user interface and interaction paradigms that prevent users from achieving their goals
- Expand our library of reusable components in order to ensure visual consistency and speed up development
- Continuously improve the code base to make it easier to understand and more fun to work with
- Perform self defined tasks geared towards your personal and professional development
What we need from you:
- Willingness to learn new technologies and engineering practices
- Ability to write good, clean and well-tested ES6+ and/or Typescript code
- Experience working in an agile team with a delivery focus and a keen eye on what the customer needs.
- Any experience with the following would be a bonus: PHP, Functional Programming, Test automation, AWS, DevOps but we're also happy for you to learn these on the job.
What’s our tech:
The application comprises a PHP (7.1) app that communicates with a number of internal (Scala) and third party services via HTTP. Our UI is a mixture of jQuery and React (using Typescript) and we’re actively pushing to have everything in React.
The app and all services are deployed in Docker containers running in a Kubernetes cluster on AWS.
We use Github for version control and Circle CI for building, testing and deploying code to the staging and production environments. All data is persisted in a MYSQL (AWS Aurora) database.
Bringing our whole selves to work is really important to us here at Goodlord - if there's anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application or email [email protected]